Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Murt



This is our breakfast table.....hmmmm, just can't decide which delicacy...and all the hard work the cousins did fishing, plucking, etc. We aren't certain if those eggs are yesterday hard cooked...fine but not refrigerated. That straw is in coconut milk-pretty great, mango is awesome, teensy great bananas, and beautiful shrimp, if it had not come out of the muddy water behind the house....I am a confessed American whimp, but you should see my chopsticks fly.





This is auntie cleaning the chicken that she slaughter....out of the back yard. Note that she is cleaning the head and feet (they will be in the pot) I don't believe the inerds have been removed, either. I just can't do inerds, and am trying not to be rude. Hope the rest of you are ok with inerds and feets, apparently they are delicacies. ooooow. Chopsticks 101 is pretty essential for eating solids, and a bottle of Joy or Aquafina ONLY for drinking, or you will swell and bloat from the mineral water served here. As you may suspect, hbp is prevalent among the locals. So far, we are all well after getting over the swelling and bloating....and icky airplane food. Thank heaven for GS cookies!!



This is "the girls" on their way to Nordstroms VN. Notice how they are avoiding melanoma, but also trying to breathe fresh air through the cute masks (available anywhere) as the air is quite poluted. The streets are polluted with scooters.....scary!! We hooked a ride on the back of scooters and have yet to determine if we were brave or stupid....but we lived.
Now you have entered Cub of Ben Tre VN. Personally, I was not hungry for meat. Can I pick up something for anyone??? It's fresh and unidentifiable

Behold the Macy's of Ben tre VN, on the 13hr sale day! It was hard to make a choice.

















No comments: